What is going on with this?

Tman4775

Chirping
5 Years
Jul 16, 2014
My Daughter brought my attention to this problem with this hen, can any one help with this? What can be the problem>

It looks to me like your chicken has been attacked. Isolate her immediately and make sure she doesn't go into shock. I think the green is from a bruise, but I could be wrong... Do you have other chickens? Are they aggressive?

The best thing for this would be putting some vetericyn on it. If that doesn't work, take her to an avian vet. I suggest this to a lot of people because they can prescribe meds that you couldn't get any other place. They are inexpensive and totally worth it.

I hope your chicken is okay and please keep me updated!
hugs.gif

Yes we have 4 other hens and I have not seen any aggression with them. I'll try that Vetericyn and isolate her today.

Where is the lesion in the first picture? Could it be near her preen or oil gland on her lower back? The green could well be bruising.

If I remember right, its at the joint on top of her right wing. And she is walking around with her wing out a bit, kind of like she is hot.

My Daughter brought my attention to this problem with this hen, can any one help with this? What can be the problem>

That looks like an injury, like maybe she got her wing caught on something?

-Kathy

Edited to add:
Looks like bruising

Last edited:
We can't have roosters. My next door neighbor says she got her wing injured some how.

Back
Top Bottom