What is good to feed?

eggcited2

Crowing
13 Years
Jul 8, 2010
Illinois
I just got a dozen keets a few days ago, they are 12 weeks old. I have no idea what they were being fed. The man had emergency happen and had to get rid of everything he was raising, right away.

I would like to know what is good to feed. Regular chick starter or game bird starter?

I can't afford anything fancy or expensive, as we have just been hit with major medical issues ourselves and have no idea what this is going to cost us when all is done. I know I have to be on constant O2 and also do some 'work' to try to keep me alive until mid-August for heart surgery. (It can't be done before that). Sorry, I am trying to put in what information you might ask as to 'why this' or 'why that'. Plese just know I can't afford expensive foods, specialty supplements, and so on. Just good correct food.

They are in good safe secure fencing (for a month or two to make sure they learn this is home. They have access to plenty of water and food (will be correct food as soon as I find out what that is), shelter, etc. Once they are let out to run, they will probably go up into the barn rafters to roost. That is where all our other guineas have went and our current three we have.

I just got a dozen keets a few days ago, they are 12 weeks old. I have no idea what they were being fed. The man had emergency happen and had to get rid of everything he was raising, right away.

I would like to know what is good to feed. Regular chick starter or game bird starter?

I can't afford anything fancy or expensive, as we have just been hit with major medical issues ourselves and have no idea what this is going to cost us when all is done. I know I have to be on constant O2 and also do some 'work' to try to keep me alive until mid-August for heart surgery. (It can't be done before that). Sorry, I am trying to put in what information you might ask as to 'why this' or 'why that'. Plese just know I can't afford expensive foods, specialty supplements, and so on. Just good correct food.

They are in good safe secure fencing (for a month or two to make sure they learn this is home. They have access to plenty of water and food (will be correct food as soon as I find out what that is), shelter, etc. Once they are let out to run, they will probably go up into the barn rafters to roost. That is where all our other guineas have went and our current three we have.
Keets need a quality turkey or game bird starter. It has the higher levels of protein, lysine, methionine and niacin that their high metabolism and fast growth rate require for the first 6 to 8 weeks.

If they are 3 months old the. They’ve done most of their growing already so I think the same feed that you give your adults would be fine. I give my adults chick starter grower. If they are not free ranging I add some Brewers yeast to that, plus I offer grit and mealworms and millet as treats (<10% of their diet). Take care of yourself and best of luck with your surgery!

Back
Top Bottom