what is happening to my chickens?

gilcamp4

Songster
Jun 11, 2013
delaware
something is going on with my chickens, fri i went to clean yard and coop i found a dead chicken under the camper, today i went out and was cutting the grass gave chickens some of it, happened to look at the wheel and laying there was a chicken, i went over to check it, it was dead, it was alive last night, i am not sure what is going on hubbie checked it and no marks on it still had all feathers, nothing was eating it. god i hope we don't have a bad thing going on with them, we lost one whole flock once a couple years ago, we move the yard and got new coop for them things have been going good for 3 yrs.

something is going on with my chickens, fri i went to clean yard and coop i found a dead chicken under the camper, today i went out and was cutting the grass gave chickens some of it, happened to look at the wheel and laying there was a chicken, i went over to check it, it was dead, it was alive last night, i am not sure what is going on hubbie checked it and no marks on it still had all feathers, nothing was eating it. god i hope we don't have a bad thing going on with them, we lost one whole flock once a couple years ago, we move the yard and got new coop for them things have been going good for 3 yrs.

I'm sorry, that is awful!
hit.gif
Were they laying eggs regular? did you check the crops of the dead ones? this is the season of long grasses= impacted crop. Can you send this latest mortality for a necropsy? Do you know what killed off your birds the first time?

Back
Top Bottom