What is killing my hens?

Hi,
It could be a mustelid, weasel, mink or stoat they eat adults, chicks and eggs they eat them at night try and keep them in a run or a small coop for them to scratch in, it should be better for them and maybe put something like a electric fence outside of the act ruck fence then if the thing comes it would get electric shock

Last edited:
We have 8 chickens and had 8 baby chicks at one time. All of a sudden last Tuesday we noticed 2 baby chicks were missing and we didn't know what happened thought they maybe just got out of their run that is fenced in. All of a sudden we go out to feed them and get eggs tonight and once again exactly 1 week later there was another chick missing so we are really confused on why such the gap and what could be doing this. It all happens during the day while we are at work. PLEASE help us figure out what is happening if you have any ideas.

I had six Guinea yesterday, today I have one.
After searching around the farm, I found one carcass. The head, feathers and feet are all still there.
Can you tell me what this might be that killed my bird?
I have read up on it, and found nothing that describes this kind of attack.

Probably a snake since they eat once per week. Look under the coop. Hope you find out.@jking42.

Last edited:
I had six Guinea yesterday, today I have one.
After searching around the farm, I found one carcass. The head, feathers and feet are all still there.
Can you tell me what this might be that killed my bird?
I have read up on it, and found nothing that describes this kind of attack.
So all the meat was eaten from the breast?

It sounds like it could be a hawk. Were they out where a hawk could get to them and or do you know if they were taken at night or during the day?

Back
Top Bottom