CalliBee

Songster
Mar 27, 2022
Hey all,
I’m attaching a link with a video of my duck, Dipper(the one closest to the camera), that seems like she’s, I guess, panting?

She’s been doing it off and on for the past few days for short periods of times, but today it seems pretty constant. And as I’m typing this out, I look over to see Mabel(the other duck in the video) doing it as well, although less frequently.

It’s not hot where I live, about 75 degrees and they have access to plenty of water deep enough to dunk their heads. Granted, it gets pretty dirty since it’s a kids pool that I refill once every day or so (still in the process of building them a pond)

Thanks for any advice! Ducks are new for me. Here’s the link:

Mine do the same. I just assume they’re hot. 75 might. It be “hot” to us but it could be to them (they are covered in feathers after all). I’ve noticed our young ducks doing it with similar temps. Can’t remember what the temp is when our adults do it.

Well now one of them (the smaller one in the back of video) is kind of coughing. Come out this morning to find him in the chicken run (with no water) so I was thinking maybe he just had something stuck in his throat so got him water but he’s still hacking here and there.

Back
Top Bottom