What is "nornmal" for a new mommy muscovy

Peaches

Chirping
14 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Stanwood, Wa.
Ok - still getting used to difference between Muscovy and chickens, but - Marge JUST hatched these babies yesterday and this morning when I opened the nest box (I had hardware cloth across it, so no one would fall out in the night) - she got out , ate, drank, and then flew straaight up and ouyt of the dog kennel. Took a bath, was preening, half an houyr later I just now tossed her back in! babies are huddled and it is about 40 degrees out... should I worry? and at what point should I worry?

shes doing everything right just its to cold out. Muscovys are tree ducks like wood ducks so as soon as they all hatch its time for them to jump out of the nest and head for water

Well, the good news is that Marges babies that we brought home with us, along with the poults are doing well!!! The ducklings were eating as soon as they got in their new pen and the turkeys were doing the same. Thanks alot Peaches for all the new babies!

Yes folks - a very satisfying chicken run which I will post about in social in a minute. Is Dibbles doing ok? S0 - regarding Marge the Muscovy. two hours later she STILL would not return! so - chasehope took five and I was able to sell the other four to the feed store right away - so they are down there with some rouen and pekinm baby buddies. I don't know what's up w/ Marge!

Dibbles is great, he has been trying to breed my poor banty cochin rooster all day. poor little guy. Dibbles is not a small duck. He is very social and was swimming in the wading pool with everybody else this afternoon. Everybody is still doing well. Thanks for all the new babies.

Back
Top Bottom