What is the age and gender of this silkie

I was wondering what pointers you use when looking for the gender of a silkie?
Silkies are hard to sex, but I look for spurs and their combs. But I also have some silkie pullets with huge combs, so it's really hard to tell. The only thing that's seemed to work 100% of the time, is just waiting until their between 4-6 months when they'll start crowing. Then it will be a dead give away. Hope this helped!

Silkies are hard to sex, but I look for spurs and their combs. But I also have some silkie pullets with huge combs, so it's really hard to tell. The only thing that's seemed to work 100% of the time, is just waiting until their between 4-6 months when they'll start crowing. Then it will be a dead give away. Hope this helped!
Thanks. I'll be sure to watch for those. Its a relief that not everyone third I s a roo.

Lol this is why I always tell people that I am just guessing.

Back
Top Bottom