What is the best table top incubator?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/HovaBator-Ge...t=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item7b677ddca3

This is the one I bought.

I'm a little nervous about the models with those exposed heating coils, I haven't used one, but it might be worth asking around to see what others say on that.

Last I checked, you can get the simplest of still-air Hova-Bators on Amazon -- I saw some for around $40 when I was shopping around. If you able to stay pretty close and check several time a day. I've heard some people liked these.

Best of luck, whatever you decide. =)

I bought a Brinsea Advance and love it. It only holds 7 regular eggs but that can be a blessing sometimes. Hatching is very addictive! I have since aquired a styrofoam incubator as well as I made my own wine fridge incubator that holds 126 eggs and has worked very well for me. I like my Brinsea more than the styrofoam one but it is quite a bit more expensive but it is pretty much " set it and forget it". Good luck in whatever you decide.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/HovaBator-Ge...t=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item7b677ddca3

This is the one I bought.

I'm a little nervous about the models with those exposed heating coils, I haven't used one, but it might be worth asking around to see what others say on that.

Last I checked, you can get the simplest of still-air Hova-Bators on Amazon -- I saw some for around $40 when I was shopping around. If you able to stay pretty close and check several time a day. I've heard some people liked these.

Best of luck, whatever you decide. =)

I think this is the same one that I have. I love mine.

I have found a good deal on ebay :) Just wanting to see how good the hatch rate is. I have heard alot of bad things and alot of good things. But want to see what BYC members think. you have or havn't had experience with hatching? What type of incubator will you be using?
Yea we were looking into getting an incubator, a decent sized one that's fancy, digital, forced draft, & auto turner...anyone know any good ones?

Thanks! Will probably get the 1588 if I get one.

Does anyone know where I can find a turner for a brower tophatch incubator? I've tried contacting brower but that doesn't work. been looking everywhere for parts. Gotta get my incubators ready before next years pheasant eggs.

I'm with Hawgon. I have the Brinsea Mini Advance and it is almost a set it and forget it. Just add water every 3 days or so. I also have the Brinsea Octagon 20 eco with a auto turner. It's great too. Set it add water every few days and take it off the turner 3 days before hatch day. Both are great but I like the Mini a little better. I've been looking for a excuse to try one of the new Hovabators but don't need to spend the money right now.

Cool thanks yall!
cool.png

I am looking at purchasing a hovabator with egg turner after having a horrible hatch rate with my brower top hatch. Just wondering if anyone could tell me how successful they've been with these types of incubators "hovabators". I have thought about paying the extra buck for brinsea but .... can't find it in me to pay thatttt much. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Yea the Brinsea's, or rather the good digital ones w/the humidity control are like $350.+ thats crazy, I can't spend that much

Back
Top Bottom