What Is The Meaning Of Life??....

Creating a legacy? Now there might be something I'd like to take a stab at.
lol.png
I wonder what I could do...
pop.gif

I think from a biological point of view, the only reason for existing (aka the meaning of life) is to reproduce so that your genes continue on. No offense to those who can't have/don't want children.

I think it was already pointed out that biologically, reproduction is a method to continue species, so not so much a "meaning of".
smile.png

Ie. When gathering a queen bee, you need non-reproducing drones too if you want the hive's existence to continue. The queen will not survive without workers for support. It would be just as accurate (or inaccurate) to say the meaning of existence is eating, dispelling waste, or breathing. These are all mechanisms that allow for existence. Although I do have to wonder if the meaning of my life is ice cream. X)

Last edited:
And what is the point of furthering species? Some answers to that will approach a "meaning of life" answer. Mechanisms for species and individual survival do not cover that area in the context pointed to by the original post.
smile.png

Quote:
I don't know how to answer your question besides saying, to prevent the species from dying out.

Quote:
By replying to my original post with this. We proved the statement "Everyone is created equal" false.

Quote:
I agree.. You make it how you think it should be! And it is very precious, yet some people don't realize it. I lost 2 very important people in my life over these last couple of months.. And today a girl in my town and my age committed suicide. I didn't know her personally, but a lot of people I knew did.. It is just so heartbreaking to think that something caused her to take her own life.. and at a very young age.

It changes the way you look at things after you've been through the pain of losing someone..

I knew I liked you people. I instantly said "42" when I saw the title of this thread.

For the one that questioned 42, the books say that a supercomputer was built to find out the answer to the meaning of life, the universe and everything. After millions of years the computer finally came up with the answer. 42. When the people were confused the computer pointed out that it was sure 42 was the answer. The problem was that the people didn't really know what the questions was.

As much fun as those books are, that really is a profound statement. So often we don't know what the right question is despite desperately striving for an answer.

Quote:
x2 first thing that popped into my head was 42. and So long and thanks for all the fish
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom