What is the purpose of a quail?

Hi Bill!! Great to see you here!! Oh...you need some Bobs Bill. I want to get into snowflake bobs one of these days. Such pretty birds!

Cochins! I looove cochins. :)

That picture is darling :)

So do quail have the little thing on their heads like you see in cartoons?

Gambles, California and Mountain quail have those top knots on their heads. Also nice looking birds.

How CUUUUUUTE Those are what I think of whenever I hear about a quail :)

Those california ones are really pretty! :)

Very nice Bill. Love those top knots! We have wild Gambles, Blue Scale and Montezuma that come around occasionally. Love the Gambles. Their call is delightful. Actually they don't come around here now that I am up in the mountains. Gambles are low desert dwellers.

Nice looking birds!

Here is a not so good picture of a Gambel's...Mountain are on my wish list...and so are the Snowflake bobs...we've got a friend in RI, that I'll be hitting up as soon as laying season starts, lol

Last edited:
Very nice Bill. Love those top knots! We have wild Gambles, Blue Scale and Montezuma that come around occasionally. Love the Gambles. Their call is delightful. Actually they don't come around here now that I am up in the mountains. Gambles are low desert dwellers.

Nice looking birds!

A reason to visit NM!

Are Cochins your first chickens, Desirai? They are so fluffy!

Are you planning on doing any hatching of Gambels? If I had room for more quail, I would come a knocking for Gambel eggs. LOL

Back
Top Bottom