What is this “free rare breed”?

I certainly wouldn't rule out Whiting True Blue, which is my vote. :) This is the first picture on MMM's website:
Whitingtruebluebirds.jpg

Note yellow legs and slight beard.

Regardless, you'll be getting pretty colored eggs out of her! :love

~Alex

Last edited:
I agree she could very well be a Whiting True Blue.

Although EE's don't really have a standard, they are supposed to have green legs, and lay colored eggs. Hatcheries, at least MM, aren't going to let their EE's get out of hand. (meaning yellow legs and such) Otherwise they would start getting complaints, and the egg color would probably go off. That's why i don't think she's an EE.

May I ask why everyone feels she's, without doubt, an Easter Egger? I'm just curious as to the reasoning behind it. :)

~Alex
It is entirely possible that she's a whiting true blue, super blue egg layer, or even an olive egger- I just think that there's not enough of a difference to worry about which type she is, since all of them are technically EEs.

I honestly don't believe she is an ee. She is beautiful but the average Hallmark traits of arent fully there. She looks a mixed breed.
Technically, there aren't any set standards for Easter Eggers, but I must agree that she lacks the trademark hatchery EE characteristics.
View attachment 1611350 View attachment 1611351 I am thirding the Whiting Blue. Whiting Greens are a shade of red by standard but blues can be anything. My Blue has a muff, yellow legs, and a leghorn style body.
Gorgeous! :love
It is entirely possible that she's a whiting true blue, super blue egg layer, or even an olive egger- I just think that there's not enough of a difference to worry about which type she is, since all of them are technically EEs.
True. However, the Murray McMurray website states Whiting True Blues aren't Easter Eggers, instead their own distinct breed. I don't claim to know anything about them or genetic background, just going off available information. :)

~Alex

Back
Top Bottom