What is this chicken?

Weird huh? They are feathered like a normal chicken. Just all black. Skin is black and the wattles are too. One of mine looks completely different than the other. I wish I knew what they are. Maybe silky mix with? Does tractor supply buy mutts though?

Weird huh? They are feathered like a normal chicken. Just all black. Skin is black and the wattles are too. One of mine looks completely different than the other. I wish I knew what they are. Maybe silky mix with? Does tractor supply buy mutts though?

I'm down here in south Ga, TSC manager told me it's very possible to get a Svart or Cemani mix, due to where they get their chicks, but again a MIX. As I look at my chick today out in the day light, I see a smidge of white coming in now underneath neck much like BSL get the rust color on necks, buts it's so crazy how everything else is extremely black still...I'm calling mine a mutt, but your chickens look extremely similar to the rare breeds I mentioned!!

Yes, I thought they were a Silkie mix and yes they do sell mixes, Here is my Shirley which I got from TSC

TSC gets all different kinds of chicks where I'm from, mixed as well. Out of my 6 chicks I've purchased recently, 2 or 3 are for sure mixes. I asked manager and they explained you can either get a pure bred of some sort as well as many mixes...The people working there can't even tell me what the chickens breeds are to begin with...they just say "red ones" or "meat ones" something ridiculous like that. I love my mutts though!

TSC gets all different kinds of chicks where I'm from, mixed as well. Out of my 6 chicks I've purchased recently, 2 or 3 are for sure mixes. I asked manager and they explained you can either get a pure bred of some sort as well as many mixes...The people working there can't even tell me what the chickens breeds are to begin with...they just say "red ones" or "meat ones" something ridiculous like that. I love my mutts though!
The annoying is most of the time they label them as a certain breed and they tell you they are sure it is that breed but you know there not
rant.gif
. I wish they had people working with the chicks that actually new about them.

Back
Top Bottom