What is this goose thinking?

I found a pair back in the spring February to be exact, one saddle back goose and one white gander both smooth breasted, supposed to be smooth breast but i couldnt tell because they were almost bald all over if it hadnt been for some curly wing feathers i wouldnt have beleived they were sebbies. Had to be very bad living conditions for them to be bald in February.

Yes, Kalsti there are Sebastopol's. I have most colors of the sebbies. I feel in love with Sammie and Samantha when goslings. As I have said they just moved right into my heart and made a place of love for them...
I get so excited when incubating eggs and at 7 days look and see little spider veins and the gosling as a heart beating....... My gosh waiting for them to hatch is so hard to keep your hands off to help them. But they are slow hatchers and if all conditions are not perfect they can die in the shell right before hatching.

RURU what a beautiful writing about them....I have never seen anything like these.
If you tried to help them while hatching, would they die?
They are truly elegant and I know why you love them. (Joey did that to me also.....never saw myself raising a goose until I saw her and that was it!) I love her more than my cats....I think it was her lovely trusting personality despite the fact that she was sick and injured.

RURU what a beautiful writing about them....I have never seen anything like these.
If you tried to help them while hatching, would they die?
They are truly elegant and I know why you love them. (Joey did that to me also.....never saw myself raising a goose until I saw her and that was it!) I love her more than my cats....I think it was her lovely trusting personality despite the fact that she was sick and injured.
Kalsti if you help a gosling out of the shell too soon it can kill them. They need to absorb the whole yolk sack and the veins attached to the wall of the shell it can cause them to bleed to death....

Thank you about the writing it is just what comes from my heart about my babies. They are all my babies.
I use to raise and show cats for 38 years from the time I was in my 20's. Because of my illness of going onto dialysis 14 years ago it was just too hard to take care of all the cats and go to shows anymore. So I sold them all. I did love them very much but had to decide it was just too hard on me keeping up with all the cleaning anymore.

Then I found the Sebastopol's online and fell in LOVE..

RURU do the Sebbies have a different personality than the Embdens? Would one get along well with an older female Embden? I am looking for a companion for Joey~

lau.gif
THAT´S why you didn´t get fertile eggs, Lydia....he´s a pretty girl!!!
lol.png

Who's the pretty girl?.... Me!! I'm the pretty girl!

Back
Top Bottom