What is this hen?

I’ve heard that chicks from mixed breeds, like Golden Comets and Cinnamon Queens, don’t breed true. You won’t get a Cinnamon Queen chick from a Cinnamon Queen. You will only get a Cinnamon Queen from a Rhode Island Red and a Silver Laced Wyandotte. It’s confusing, but your chicks from her will not look exactly like her. I hope this helps.
It does help! I was wondering why her chicks looked so different despite having the same mom and dad

Yay! It seems pretty exciting to have no idea what the chicks will look like. They must be so cute!
They were! The first and last picture are how they turned out. The dark orange one was orange as a chick with a black stripe on her head and the white one was just white 😅 the white is also VERY broody and has hatched eggs twice. She’s only a year old… the white one is my cinnamon queens grand(hopefully)daughter

Attachments

• IMG_4427.jpeg
    IMG_4427.jpeg
    346 KB · Views: 8
They were! The first and last picture are how they turned out. The dark orange one was orange as a chick with a black stripe on her head and the white one was just white 😅 the white is also VERY broody and has hatched eggs twice. She’s only a year old… the white one is my cinnamon queens grand(hopefully)daughter
Awwwwww! That white and black one is so cute!❤️

Back
Top Bottom