What is this okra seed looking thing in my chicken eggs?

Daddytobreeze

Hatching
May 10, 2024
New member here, Steve. I have what is supposed to be RIRs. 48 of them left out of 107. I see lots of specks through candling and assumed just blood specks. I've read here there's no reason to candle but what about selling them? Are customers used to and OK with getting them? I checked one out last night and this is what I found. Looks like an Okra seed. Might lose customers if they start receiving these.

Attachments

• 17153978502004183502970727830196.jpg
    17153978502004183502970727830196.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 26
I checked one out last night and this is what I found.
@Daddytobreeze Hard to tell just how big that is without anything in pic for scale.
Would be good to cut that in half lengthwise and take a closer look.
How old are these birds?

Are customers used to and OK with getting them?
Might depend on who you are selling to.
Sounds like you plan on a rather large operation.
Every state has different requirements.

Looks like meat spots. Some hens have them more often than others. Some people don't care, but if they're used to store eggs, they probably won't like getting them.
Are these meat spots hard as a rock? I've pictured them as soft but it didn't crumble when I smashed it. Im feeding them 22% protein since that goes on sale every 30 days for 13 bucks/50 lbs. Compared to 14/40 lbs or 18/50 lbs.

@Daddytobreeze Hard to tell just how big that is without anything in pic for scale.
Would be good to cut that in half lengthwise and take a closer look.
How old are these birds?

Might depend on who you are selling to.
Sounds like you plan on a rather large operation.
Every state has different requirements.
I'm just trying to have enough to use for my whole family and sell the rest to pay for the feed and all the other things to keep them up like fencing supplies and auto door openers and building the coop. I've also spent $6000 getting them to just this point. I didn't realize how voracious they were at eating. They can eat 50 lbs in less than 2 days.

I'm just trying to have enough to use for my whole family and sell the rest to pay for the feed and all the other things to keep them up like fencing supplies and auto door openers and building the coop. I've also spent $6000 getting them to just this point. I didn't realize how voracious they were at eating. They can eat 50 lbs in less than 2 days.
Also they are 15 months old

Back
Top Bottom