what is this on my game-cam?

It is a fox..again:lol:
wink.png
Feel better LOL~!

Its neck and head do not match that of a cat, house or otherwise (small like bobcat). Its coloring on its legs and tail are that of a young fox.

Keep that camera there though.....if it ends up being one of the southern cougars you might get very lucky and capture it again!

Last edited:
Quote:
so young red foxes don't have a bushy tail(like in the 1stPic)nore do they have the dark coloring on the legs.
what about a grey fox?

Haha I was trying to make you feel better when I edit my post!

I doubt they are legal to trap in your area in anything other then a live trap. I dont like big cats....they are so good at what they do!

well we are not supposed to have cougars(ya never know) and it has a tail for a bobcat.

We're not supposed to have cougars/ panthers around here either but they are sighted enough to make me believe they are out there & in your neck of the woods too. Everything I see, I would say cougar/panther (the body shape is not that of a fox, nor the way it holds its tail; too large to be a regular house cat if I am judging size by previous fox picture BUT it is FELINE). You might check for tracks. You can put white sand on that area, light sprinkling, that will pick up the tracks if dry as a bone like here.​

Last edited:
Young foxes can have tails that dont look bushy, ive killed them and had to look first thinking it was a dog, young yotes as well.

If it were a cat (as in cougar) I would think we would see more of a defining hairline along its belly. Still possible, it is very hard to guess size in game cam pics and being lit poorly and blurry dont help!

Quote:
yeah,a little better,i have to go and reset the camera tonite
hmm.png

i only have live traps but the biggest i have is a coon trap.i think i might need to invest in a bigger one.

Back
Top Bottom