what is this on my game-cam?

This has been going on for months and I'm so sick of hearing about it its not a big deal just give it a rest!
he.gif
barnie.gif

Quote:
Here are the photos in question as ideal examples of matching coat color and tail position, this is what come up when I open the browser so please let me know if yours are different pictures and download the images that are correct and post them:
p15 top left coat color:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/28008_tan_jaguarundi.jpg
to my eye, this color is a pretty solid tan with no dark agouti upper and light under with a dark tail stripe and tip.
p5 far right:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/28008_running_jaguarundi.jpg
The running jaguarundi is not holding its tail in that position, the tail is flowing after the cat straight behind because its running

Please post a photo of a jaguarundo with this color contrast and dark tail. I have yet to find any pictures of jaguarundi with this color and yet to find a grey fox tat does not match this color.

I thought that picture if caught on the game camera at night would be close ?? The cat in the water is dark but then there was even a grey colored one. As I said before until the critter makes a curtain call we are all just playing 50 questions !
lol.png

Quote:
Because I have learned some things. It's not all "I'm right and you are wrong" There are a lot of really cool links. and I like to learn.
Also just barely qualifies as 'going on for months' started 8-31, now 10-4. Really don't open this link if you are so sick of it. Very simple. You know what the thread is called.

Quote:
Because I have learned some things. It's not all "I'm right and you are wrong" There are a lot of really cool links. and I like to learn.
Also just barely qualifies as 'going on for months' started 8-31, now 10-4. Really don't open this link if you are so sick of it. Very simple. You know what the thread is called.

I agree I never knew much about grey fox now I wish we had them here!
smile.png
So many people have seen critters where they are not suppose, to be colors that we didn't know about, how cool game cameras are, all the things you find as you search the internet.
caf.gif
It has been a treat !
celebrate.gif

Quote:
I agree I never knew much about grey fox now I wish we had them here!
smile.png
So many people have seen critters where they are not suppose, to be colors that we didn't know about, how cool game cameras are, all the things you find as you search the internet.
caf.gif
It has been a treat !
celebrate.gif

x2

Wow. I just spent nearly two hours reading this thread. So, in the spirit of the poster who said she had an expert opinion because her DH always says she knows it all (paraphrase), I too, must have a n opinion here!!!

I started out saying: "WOW! That is most definitely a feline, and possibly a young cougar/puma/mt lion." But I have to say I am tending to lean toward team fox here - albeit a slightly skinny-tailed one. The coloration patterns, the general build and proportions, understanding how perspective can be messed up in a picture, and most convincingly the pics of grey foxes that look astoundingly cat-ish.

Cool thread, and I look forward to more cam pics!!!

Quote:
Not only does perspective get messed up the IR flash can cause some distortion as well. I suspect that is why the tail looks skinny--it is just the play of the light. Keep in mind too that this animal is about at the outer range of that IR. Looking at night photos taken by game cam can be interesting, especially when the animal doesn't pose--check the one on the game camera thread in this section that was posted recently of a possum--it looks like a small pig. I've taken to putting my camera on video--unfortunately they can't be posted on here.

Back
Top Bottom