What is this worm/maggot in egg?! Please help!

Fortheloveofeggs

In the Brooder
Sep 3, 2021
Hi there! I’m new to this forum because I am desperately seeking advice. We have 6 lovely hens, they are about 15 months old. We regularly give our neighbour some of our hen eggs but today she sent me a photo of an egg she broke open. I have attached it. Does anyone know what the worm/maggot is in the egg?! I am pretty grossed out and really need to figure it out! Huge thanks in advance for any help!
155FC907-A7E4-4202-A544-4F482E2FFC78.jpeg

Does not look like the worm or a maggot to me.
Does your friend still currently have this exact egg? Could she dissect it and get more pictures?

Does not look like the worm or a maggot to me.
Does your friend still currently have this exact egg? Could she dissect it and get more pictures?
Thank you for your fast response. Didn't think it looked like a worm/maggot, my thoughts were ... The white "string" over the yolk is the "chalaza" but that white to the right of the yolk, possible some lining is my thought. Then above it I think I see a "meat" spot.

Thanks so much for your replies! Hmmm I’d say the egg is in the bin or else the dog has eaten it by now. She asked me if I wanted it back to dissect it and I wasn’t even vaguely tempted to be very honest!😂 ye don’t think it’s a bug of some kind? What could it be? Does it indicate anything wrong with one of my hens? I’ve never seen anything like it before.

She asked me if I wanted it back to dissect it
I tell my few customers, all acquaintances, if they find something nasty to put it all, including shell, into a container in the fridge for me to examine. It's only been needed once or twice. I also recommend, and do so myself, to break eggs one at a time in a separate dish before adding to pan or recipe.

the blue!! What is that??
To me it looks like part of the white already cooked.

Back
Top Bottom