What is with my Duck Hen? Is maybe starting to be broody???

Thank you so much!
Now be sure to keep us updated okay
smile.png

@Miss Lydia In your expeirience about how long after the hen does what I mentioned in the first post, does the hen go full broody? Will she do the same weird Must-make-perfect-nest thing soon?

@Miss Lydia In your expeirience about how long after the hen does what I mentioned in the first post, does the hen go full broody? Will she do the same weird Must-make-perfect-nest thing soon?
Did you already move her? It may take her a while to get back use to her new surroundings. Once she starts laying again she'll lay eggs until she feels she has enough it maybe 5 or less or 5 up to 10 all ducks have their own amount they feel is just right for them.

My Runners just make an indention in the shaving and drop their eggs into it. I am discouraging broodiness right now too cold yet. Not sure what they will do if iIlet them sit they may make a nest as high as they are.

Did you already move her? It may take her a while to get back use to her new surroundings. Once she starts laying again she'll lay eggs until she feels she has enough it maybe 5 or less or 5 up to 10 all ducks have their own amount they feel is just right for them.

My Runners just make an indention in the shaving and drop their eggs into it. I am discouraging broodiness right now too cold yet. Not sure what they will do if iIlet them sit they may make a nest as high as they are.
Yes I moved her. I found a an egg just like yesterdays, I brought it in. It's either hers or the campbells. Should I leave the eggs?

Just wondering, yesterday when she acting all wierd she would like put her body up against the wall like this broody chicken is doing
LL

Is that a sign of broodiness in ducks as well?

Just wondering, yesterday when she acting all wierd she would like put her body up against the wall like this broody chicken is doing
LL

Is that a sign of broodiness in ducks as well?
Not necessarily, My Runners always scoot up to the wall or fence with their butts toughing it. It's may take her a few days to get use to where she is too. Now my Muscovy's will puff up their feathers some when they are broody but not to that extreme.

. It's may take her a few days to get use to where she is too.
Well she hasn't done anything since saturday, there is 4 eggs in the nest 2 may be hers. Any advice. I know she probably will take a few days, but then what should I exspect to see?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom