What is wrong with my girl? Anyone have any thoughts?

gwright6

Chirping
Sep 20, 2022
The pictures should tell it all. She's isolating, bloated, not eating or drinking much, doesn't seem to be egg bound, any ideas?

Attachments

• Chicken #4.pdf
    40.6 KB · Views: 13
  • chicken #5.pdf
    40.6 KB · Views: 5
From what I can tell they are the same picture and I just see a chicken. Could you use "Attach Files" at the bottom left and just post the pictures instead of PDFs as some members may not be able to open them and tell us more about what's going on such as her age, breed, what she's being fed, how long has she been this way, did she lay an egg today or yesterday, what's her poop look like?

I'll also request mods move your post to the Emergency forum to get you some more help.

ok thanks for the reply. I have to figure out how to post a pic that isn't pdf. but until then, she is a production blue, 2 years old, my flock eats only organic - Texas Natural. She has been like this for about 3-4 days. I don't think she has laid an egg in a while I have her in a "hospital" cage. She's been there for 2 days, no egg. no full crop and I don't feel any egg when I examined here bottom. I have a routine protocol for parasites and I treated her with safeguard and gave her b-12 and poultry cell

Pics of my girl

Attachments

• IMG_6501(3).jpg
    IMG_6501(3).jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6502(2).jpg
    IMG_6502(2).jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 4
Does her abdomen, below the vent, between the legs, feel bloated? Either water balloon like or very firm? Reproductive problems are not uncommon, and since she's not laid in a while that makes it more likely to be that. Is her crop empty, full, hard, soft and squishy, etc?

Does her abdomen, below the vent, between the legs, feel bloated? Either water balloon like or very firm? Reproductive problems are not uncommon, and since she's not laid in a while that makes it more likely to be that. Is her crop empty, full, hard, soft and squishy, etc?
I'll check that out today and post.

Back
Top Bottom