What is Your #1 Vanity? and Why?

Baymule

Crowing
13 Years
Jul 1, 2010
Northeast Texas
What are you the most vain about? And explain why.

My #1 vanity is my hair color. Why? I was born a dark brunette but started turning gray at only 12 years old. At 19, my hair was "frosted". I finally caved in at 27 and started coloring my hair dark brunette. By the time I hit my mid thirties, it was all white. Two weeks after a "dye" job, I had a skunk stripe down the center of my head and looked like fresh road kill.
lau.gif
It was time to lighten up. I considered blonde for about 2 micro seconds. Every body thinks blondes are dumb and I don't need that kind of help.
lol.png
No offense to blondes, it is just all those terrible jokes.
barnie.gif
What to do???

Hmmm.... I got it--RED!!!! Actually light auburn. Immediately I noticed that people treated me different. Redheads have a bad temper, right? (I don't, but I learned durned quick) I have always got away with a lot, but as a redhead, the sky opened to the fullest limit. I am much more.....ummm...... can't say that here.......SAUCY!! It is EXPECTED that I will be a Witch, (yeah, I can use that word haha) and I sure don't wanna disapoint.
lau.gif
gig.gif

Now after a few weeks, the white hair is hanging out of my head (we NEVER say GRAY--shudders) and I call it slappin' a new coat of paint on the ol' barn.
celebrate.gif
Red is my trademark. It as been 20 years and even my kids don't remember me as a brunette. Old pictures look soooooo weird. I have instructed my daughter that when I sit slumped over in my wheel chair in the nursing home drooling on myself and I don't know my name or hers either for that matter, she is to show up every 6 weeks and slap a new coat of paint on the ol' barn. Further instructions: bury me in my favorite black T-shirt which reads in crooked white letters "MY HAIR IS THIS COLOR BECAUSE I ATE PAINT CHIPS AS A CHILD"

My eyes and hair. I'm vain about my eyes because they change colors (mom has hazel eyes and dad has blue) from time to time. My hair... I will never allow it to be it's natural color again. I'm a platinum blond and I hate it. My hair is black now, but I'm thinking about going back to blood red if I can get away with it.

I know I'm a woman...but for some reason the only "vain" thing I can think of is making sure I do a better job at work than the men . I'd like to look pretty , but carharts rarely look sexy on a woman , and I live in the country (Montana country ) so " dressing up" rarely happens .

My hair. Why? It's the only thing on this old body that still looks great. Recently had about 5 inches cut off, so it's now about mid-back. While in Florida visiting my Dad and sister I made a point of mentioning to my sister that there's not a single gray hair in it *knock on wood*. Keep resisting the urge to cut it short.

I think just getting old is mine..... but I have been coloring my hair more often. Cause I hate the natural color and the greys.

Yep, maybe its not so much vanity as much as my self conscience about the "girls" and them heading to Florida without the rest of me. Im 43 and look in the mirror wanting a 25 year old looking back at me. Nope, not happening.
idunno.gif

Quote:
Maybe they know we're all s'pose to head to Florida when we get old?
idunno.gif
Works for me. Long as they don't forget to take me with them.
wee.gif

sad.png
---from a guys view--we really don't have that problem--we look in the mirror and bigfoot with a beer belly is starring back at us--- ,
sickbyc.gif
... forget the 6 pack abb's -pass me another beer burger and moonpie ,you poor women worry too much about hair , where the longituditional position of the caboose is located and if the high beams are broken---you alway's seem to forget--the most---and i really do mean it , the most sensual thing about a women ,and attraction point ,is her mind...
bow.gif
love.gif
..i my self love the eyes---look deep into the eyes for a couple of minute--they say it all---by the way , wife was 104 lbs. when we married , she's now 158 --we've been married 47 yrs--
hugs.gif
-- so , maybe i'am right --but in your defence-- a sweet filly still get's a second look from the old geezer
old.gif
--as long as the boat rower of the river styx isn't watching---
duc.gif
-
smack.gif
-

Old Geezer, you sounded like my hubby, he didn't care what the body looks like, only her mind and her inner beauty is all it mattered to him in me. Sure he looked darn handsome in kilts, beer belly or not, he's all there and everything is in working order!
wink.png

I figured guys would have a hang up too, like 6 packed abs, and muscles....nah, dont need them when you have the smarts, appreciate a good woman who can cook and care for children and home and think likewise as their spouses does, what more do you want?

Women like us, well, we expected more out of us, probably due to our upbringing and social status, thrown in with a bit of insecurity.

Back
Top Bottom