What is your favorite color of eggs?

What is your favorite color of eggs?

• Total voters
Pics
Last edited:
I truly love the variety of egg colors, they're all gorgeous. I think because of the wow factor, when my customers open the egg carton and see blue, and also as it happens to be my fav color, I did choose blue 💙. Inside the egg, the yolk color must be vivid though, I want to see school bus yellow or orange! My girls are awesome 👌 & every carton of eggs makes everyone smile.
1601489346742_image.png

There should be a 12 step program for chicken raising.... Swear to it.

Yeah, because it's a gateway drug!

This spring, my friend from Church and I went down this Highland Cow rabbit hole when there were two available for sale on FB Marketplace. Her in-laws have a farm about 20 miles from us, so we talked to another Church member who previously raised cows about annual costs. He told us what price to offer, and - Thank God - the seller wanted way too much. Friend and I were ready to dive in head first if we could get the sale price price right. And Thank God x 2 because now she's pregnant with twins (already has 2 kids and works full time). ...It would have been me taking care of those two highland cows (living at an annex property)...

I'll add that this sort of issue is probably why my financial advisor told me to establish a separate bank account for my "farm."

What chicken breeds produce blue eggs? 😍 I’ve had Americanas who had such light, mossy green, it almost appeared blue, but never full on blue!!
Mine were sold to me as Ameracaunas. I believe they are Easter Eggers, probably an Ameracauna mix.
Now I have added some mixed EEs to the flock, they're young & just started laying, ranging from the pretty blue to slightly olive.
20221102_095536.jpg

Pic of my older "Ameracaunas" that lay blue eggs
20201224_115933.jpg 20201224_115658.jpg

Pics of the mixed EEs laying blue & olive
7774.jpeg 7753.jpeg 7710.jpeg 7771.jpeg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom