WHAT killed my chickens???

I also say its a dog, sounds like a dog a lot more than a coon, you need a good 22 with a scope, their not expensive

We're putting nite vision lights up today and it's one of my 3 dogs and I think I know which one! I feel like I'm losing in bothe the chicks and the dog

I tell ya what, if its your dog you will never break him. I had a dog awhile back that was killin mine and it took me awhile to bust him because he was good, and very smart, I thought it was coons, possums, coyote etc. When I finally caught him I took that dead chicken and held him and shook it in his face saying no no bad dog over and over, the second time I did the same thing and then beat him in the head with the chicken, I was holding the chicken by both feet and the dogs face with the other, finally the chicken came apart. All that still didn't do it so I took a dead chicken and tied it around his neck and it took him a week to get it off, pretty rank, he couldnt find a comfortable place to lay down lol. As soon as he got it off he went right back to it, I asked several of the old timers around and all of em said you"ll never break him of that and back in their day you just shot the dog and got another. That was back when every animal had a purpose, and a dog had to work for a living, protecting your stock was his job, and if he didn't do his job he got replaced. Ahhh the good ole days !!! Roost

Thanks for the info! He's 12 now and has some what I call doggy dementia! We may have to euthanize him, but I want to be very sure it was him and not the other two! I doubt it cuz one of my females brought me a wounded baby rabbit and she checks on it all the time!

Back
Top Bottom