What Killed My Hen?

I've got a lot of dogs too. They won't stop every raccoon attack, I have had plenty. You should get a live trap and bait it with the dead bird. Make sure to lock the other birds up in the coop tonight.

I've got a lot of dogs too. They won't stop every raccoon attack, I have had plenty. You should get a live trap and bait it with the dead bird. Make sure to lock the other birds up in the coop tonight.
I already buried the bird...and I don't have a trap. I always lock them up...except for the rare occasions when I forget and I didn't forget that night. The guy who was taking care of our animals didn't come until about 11:30 P.M. so maybe it snatched one before then.

I already buried the bird...and I don't have a trap. I always lock them up...except for the rare occasions when I forget and I didn't forget that night. The guy who was taking care of our animals didn't come until about 11:30 P.M. so maybe it snatched one before then.
Oh, well if it happens again save the bird and get a live trap. You could also get a dog proof coon trap and bait it with dog food and tuna. A trail camera can be useful to have, it is one of the best ways to identify a predator.
Screenshot 2019-01-23 at 11.32.07 AM.png

Back
Top Bottom