What kind is this? Mystery chicks

annep

Songster
8 Years
Mar 4, 2011
Just bought our first chicks yesterday from a super nice man and his family..But, there were three that he wasn't sure about. I cant figure out how to post a pic, so my profile pic is the pic..Any ideas what she is? Also, one of them is sort of aggressive..She goes right after my finger anytime I'm fooling around in there..Does that sound like she might just be a he? They are 2 weeks old.

Figured it out..Does this help at all? Thanks

Thanks

Last edited:
From what I can see, it looks a lot like the ancona I got last year. I imagine that chick will turn out to be mottled, whatever the breed. Bigger pictures will definitely help, as well as shots of it standing and its comb.

Maybe we will have to make a point of really holding them and spoiling them. I can give them worms now, right? I have some red wigglers that are pretty small...I was thinking of giving them some..

Before you give them any treats make sure that thy have chick grit available. I usually put chick grit in my brooder when the birds are a little over one week old. They they are ready for SMALL amounts of treats.

I just got an Ancona pullet delivered yesterday from MPC and I noticed right away she's super feisty. :) When I needed to pick her up, she would go after me. It's cute now for sure, but I do wonder how she'll do in the long run. I don't raise my chickens to be lap pets, but I do prefer that if I need to handle them to check for parasites etc that they not attack outright. I'll have to really sweeten her up with treats. :)

Super cute! I hatched a pair of Ancona 3.5 months ago and they are very friendly with sweet singsongy voices. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

SO cute!!!
And I had a chick that would try to peck me all the time too, and to this day she still does lol. I love her to pieces otherwise, you just have to watch your fingers around her :p

Back
Top Bottom