What kind of an establishment is this??

no, she has gone in, checked on them and came back out. She was fine with her last litter being handled daily.
I couldn't leave them in the coop. I lock it up nightly, so she wouldn't be able to get in to them. Plus, the chickens were VERY interested in them. She was going nuts trying to keep the birds chased out of the coop.

Quote:
oh thats a good one!
yuckyuck.gif

I remember years back a feral cat had her kittens in my ducks nest. So Blue Momma (my blue swedish cross) would watch them while mother cat would go hunting. And man was Blue ever protective! She didn't mind me around, but if anyone else came near she would attack them.

i handle all my kits from birth , have fostered them to and never had a problem. long as u move them at the right time and right way moms won't have a prob with it normally. if a new mom sometimes they will kill them to protect them.

checked the babies this morning. Mama rearranged the nest that I had made for them. All 5 babies are fat and happy with little ping pong bellies. I love the funny noises they make. I honestly never knew before my first litter that baby buns were so LOUD! And popping around like Mexican Jumping Beans.

Back
Top Bottom