What kind of duck is this?!

It isn't even close to a Duclair.

I don't get it. Some people see a BEEAUUTIFUL bird in every mongrel photo that is ever posted. I see a cull that isn't worth the cost to feed it. It will never be a high production layer, it will never produce efficient meat birds, it will never be a show winner. To answer the original question, it is simply a mongrel duck that has no intrinsic value.
Wow, uncalled for. Have you ever heard "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"?

That duck may not be of any value to you, but that doesn't mean that the duck won't make a great pet/companion for someone else.
Take your rude, annoying comments somewhere else, or keep them to yourself. People come on here to chat, discuss, ask questions etc and don't need to be tormented by people like you!

Narragansett why can't you just BE NICE? Huh? Start your own thread of how great, wonderful and perfect you and your flock are and buzz off and leave the rest of us and our "mutts" alone.

I think he/she might just be bored and winding you up, Your duck is very handsome, In England we have alot of these small black cross breed ducks, they can often fly as well as any wild mallard and survive in parks and reservoirs all year round. Unlike most people I actually prefer mixed breed ducks, more interesting colours and you never know what genes they have, you might get beautiful ducklings when you cross breeds. Animals dont exist just to serve humans, just because that duck doesnt produce alot of eggs or meat, it shouldnt just be culled. Its life is as important to it, as all our lives are important to us. Lots of people just like to keep a few ducks to watch there antics and relax with. Also crossing genes makes the bird stronger as it gets the best of both parents, compared with the inbreeding that keeps certain types of animals "pure", much to the decline of there health!. To summerise you have a great duck :) Dean

I'm with dean26. Nice to have you here, dean26.
frow.gif

Very pretty
2665.png
2665.png
2665.png
! I just want to say though that I think its a male. Looks like it has the curled drake feather at the tail.

Just so everyone is aware commercial chicken egg producers typically use crossbreeds for amazing efficiency in production. Commercial poultry, cattle and pig producers also used crossbred animals to efficiently produce meat. Purebreds are only for the sake of showing, most of the best producing animals are MUTTS!!! Even if he is just a pet...he could be an awesome producer if that was your purpose...
He is handsome :)

My sentiments exactly...look at the golden 300 layer...

Anyways experimenting is what makes poultry keeping interesting. Case in point...the khaki campbell. Bred from a runner crossed with rouen. Then backbred to a mallard. A duck hobbyist invented the best egg layer in the world at the time. She was experimenting to get a good egg layer and it worked....the results were bred to runners to get a buff color...and it didn't work instead the khaki color resulted and was kinda neat because it matched soldiers uniforms. Thus the most efficient egg laying mutt duck in the world was the result. All that from a hobbyist...

That duck is beautiful, if it bred true people would be beating down your door for hatching eggs !!!

Back
Top Bottom