What kind of hens are they?!

Chickymama27

Hatching
Jul 16, 2023
IMG_5990.jpeg
These girls lay green, blue, grayish green colored eggs.. would love to know if anyone can identify their breed.

Starlight Green Eggers, maybe? I was reading this thread earlier and they look similar and seem to lay a variety of egg colors despite the name (pg 4 of thread has some egg photos).

I’m no expert though, so I could be way off!

People are making so many different kinds of colored egg layers now, and most of them come in so many varieties it’s hard to tell the difference between them. Starlight Green Egger is a possibility, or some sort of Olive Egger. Where did you get them? That should narrow it down.

People are making so many different kinds of colored egg layers now, and most of them come in so many varieties it’s hard to tell the difference between them. Starlight Green Egger is a possibility, or some sort of Olive Egger. Where did you get them? That should narrow it down.
It was a colored egg variety through tractor supply 😬

Very pretty birds!

I got a few starlight green layers this year that look like that too. They are much different than my older starlight greens. Those are mostly darker red birds very similar to the 2 birds right behind the circled ones in the photo.

My bet is also on some type of green egger. Starlight green eggers and Whiting true greens are the two I know about, but different hatcheries may offer other brand names of the same thing.
Looking at the pics of the babies, adults, & eggs, I’m 99% that’s it.. Starlight and Whiting True green. Thank you! We have chicks hatching from Orpington Roos & I was trying to figure out what we might end up with 😆

Back
Top Bottom