What kind of mite is this?

faceache

Chirping
5 Years
May 8, 2014
Uk
Hi guys need some help identifying this new mite I have just found on one of my polish any idea?

Well, the larger one at the top and smaller one near the bottom appear to be pincher bugs....is that what your looking at or am I missing the target pest?

Yes there is 3 on there 2 small one large they appear to be along the feathers not at the base,what are pincher bugs and will DE work on them? X

Otherwise known as Earwigs....if they are on your chicken you have to have an infestation somewhere because they are not a parasite generally found on animals or people....think, more like sitting on grass next to an ant mound....that's what I mean by infestation somewhere and they just happen to be on your chicken

http://www.almanac.com/pest/earwigs

Last edited:
Ohh earwig no sorry you can't see the size from the photo they are only a couple of millimetres in size like lice but different they aren't as big as pincher bugs and they are on my polish chicken not duck but thanks for the reply

Ha! Yes, I caught the chicken/duck mistake and edited. I now see what you're talking about and I haven't a clue. So sorry, hope someone can help you figure this out!

Lol that's ok thanks anyway gal appreciate it
1f44d.png
I shall powder them with DE anyway can't do any harm
1f60a.png

Back
Top Bottom