What made you happy today?

Picked up 16 chicks from a very cool lady in northern Alabama this morning and are headed back to MO. She kept saying she couldn't believe we would actually drive so far for some of her chicks, but they are so beauttiful I couldn't resist. Pics when we stop for lunch. Six are a week old, ten hatched yesterday.

It's a long way away from where you are, but have you considered applying to UC Davis? They have one of the top veterinary programs in the nation.
There is a community college with a veterinarian technology program which I am going to do my four years of undergraduate study at and get my bachelor’s then move on up to a veterinary college. Like University of Florida or wherever I can get into. The community college is 5 minutes down the road from me.

My chicks came in the mail
IMG_7980.jpg

Here's the pics I promised. We are on our way back to MO, they are in the back of the car, so no feeder or waterer. We are stopping frequently to water from a bowl and there is feed in the corner for the older babies. The day-olds should be okay till we get home in a few hours. First, six chicks, a week old (all are lavender EE):

1000007169.jpg

Some are barred:

1000007182.jpg

These are the day-olds, hatched yestered:

1000007181.jpg

Here's my GirlChild holding one of the hatchlings:

1000007177.jpg

Compare with a week-old:

1000007171.jpg

Lots more wing feathers. Sire is lightly barred (cuckoo) lavender. Will post pic of him shortly when I get it. Dams are lavender EE's and lavender Ameraucanas.

Here's the pics I promised. We are on our way back to MO, they are in the back of the car, so no feeder or waterer. We are stopping frequently to water from a bowl and there is feed in the corner for the older babies. The day-olds should be okay till we get home in a few hours. First, six chicks, a week old (all are lavender EE):

View attachment 3815930

Some are barred:

View attachment 3815936

These are the day-olds, hatched yestered:

View attachment 3815944

Here's my GirlChild holding one of the hatchlings:

View attachment 3815947

Compare with a week-old:

View attachment 3815951

Lots more wing feathers. Sire is lightly barred (cuckoo) lavender. Will post pic of him shortly when I get it. Dams are lavender EE's and lavender Ameraucanas.
How about starting a thread about them with periodic pictures updating their development? Do you have pictures of the parent stock?

Back
Top Bottom