What made you happy today?

Yes!
https://glutenfreeonashoestring.com/gluten-free-bread-recipe/

I will be making this again, soon! It is soooo much better than what I made in my bread machine. I don't know if I'll ever use the machine again.

I'll just give up eating bread in the hottest part of the summer, I guess. That is one thing a bread machine has all over hand made bread: it doesn't heat up the kitchen.
You should be able to adapt the recipe to the bread machine or at least use the bread machine to do the baking.

This is ours under construction. We are putting cinder blocks all around the base. Adding on addition 2x8x10 on the side walls which will bring the bottom up to 24 inches with wire running under the wood. We may put another level of 1/4 “ hardware cloth up the sides. I ordered a red vinyl tarp for half of the coop so they have cover. (Red matches our other build and house roof.). We decided to run hardware cloth done the whole thing so we can role up the tarp during the hot FL spring summer and fall.
Looks nice. I'm in eastern NC, and I do understand how shade and ventilation are crucial.

I put shade cloth over one half of the hoop frame, tarp on the other. As the coverings stop 2'-3' above the ground there's plenty of air flow.

Like Florida we have not just heat but high humidity during the summer. There was only one day last year in July when my flock looked a little uncomfortable, and it was a brutal day. They dug holes in the dirt, and I brought them watermelon.

I would suggest using a light colored or reflective tarp. Dark colors absorb heat, light colors reflect. It could help reduce the heat underneath the tarp.
IMG_20230812_095131473.jpg

Do you have any natural shade?

Looks nice. I'm in eastern NC, and I do understand how shade and ventilation are crucial.

I put shade cloth over one half of the hoop frame, tarp on the other. As the coverings stop 2'-3' above the ground there's plenty of air flow.

Like Florida we have not just heat but high humidity during the summer. There was only one day last year in July when my flock looked a little uncomfortable, and it was a brutal day. They dug holes in the dirt, and I brought them watermelon.

I would suggest using a light colored or reflective tarp. Dark colors absorb heat, light colors reflect. It could help reduce the heat underneath the tarp.
View attachment 3816268
Do you have any natural shade?

It will have loads of shade from the large trees around it. We are adding a hardware clothe covered opening in the back and have not decided if we will be using full ore partial wood to devide it from the open run. We are going to build one or two more further back and build a tunnel to a larger yard. We have a building we were going to convert but determined the hoop coops work. Many folks here only uses netting for their chickens but we are not risking it. We have two hawk nesting in the back of our property with babies. No thank you. Even our larger yard will be covered by chicken wire to prevent aerial attacks.

Back
Top Bottom