What made you happy today?

They are one egg, one bite. Quail eggs end up being a lot more flavourful because they're smaller. You can ask @Kiki and @Treehugger568 how my pickled eggs taste.

It's funny. The first time I tried pickling quail eggs, I wasn't sure if I'd like them, and I really did. I handed one to a friend, and the look he gave me said, "I'm only going to eat this because you're my friend" I watched his expression change completely, then he took the rest of the jar home to polish off that evening.
I would pay to try your pickled quail eggs

I have to make some. I like sweet pickles and dill pickles. Which flavor profile works better for eggs, or does it just come down to preference?
Preference of the one dining or the one making them. My version is simple. I use pickled beets but you can start with regular canned beets. The brine is equal parts by volume of water, white vinegar and sugar. For example one cup water, one cup vinegar and one cup of sugar. Bring to a boil.

Place beets and shelled hard boiled eggs in a canning jar and fill with the hot brine. Seal with lid and ring. Refrigerate and let stand for a minimum of one day, longer gives the brine more time to penetrate the eggs.

Last edited:
Is the beet for flavor or color? I'm not particularly fond of beets... Yellow beets are ok.
Both. Pickled beets taste nothing like regular cooked beets. Lots of people that don't like cooked beets like pickled beets.

I was just talking to my neighbor a couple of days ago. He is planting beets. He said I really don't care for beets but those pickled beets are so good.

Back
Top Bottom