What makes for the start of a great day.

bakerjw

Songster
9 Years
Apr 14, 2010
Johnson City, Tn
With some ongoing unresolved health issues, most mornings I find myself felling all "blech" physically and emotionally. It's all part of getting along in years I suppose. What are some of the things that others here find gets the day off to a good start?

For me...
Going out to the let the chickens out of the big run and watching week old chicks run out amongst the feet of the rest of the flock in search of their momma.

Then in the afternoon going to the big run and seeing the excitement of the flock when they see me coming. They get excited over any visitors but I interact with them more than others.

I understand the early morning 'blech'. I get up, let the dog out,make my coffee, check the computer all in 'quiet time'. Once I've checked out BYC I kiss and wake the Princess, and outdoors I go. Train some dogs, mow the lawn (shovel snow
hide.gif
), work in the garden, ignore the aches and pain, home for lunch, more BYC, back to the club, home again to prepare dinner. Creatures get taken care of along the way, and the Princess and I have a 'date' at least once a week. Throw in a field trial or so and attendance at a grand kids sports activity, and that's my life. I have to keep moving. I'm scared of the day when that may no longer be possible, but will deal with whatever is in the plan.

Back
Top Bottom