What more can i do!?

meag6

In the Brooder
Apr 19, 2015
Western New York
found my poor little girl in her coop yesterday covered in blood! She had a prolapse that the other girls pecked at. I got her all cleaned up and was able get her prolapse to go back in last night and she spent the night in our bathroom. This morning she looked better. Her prolapse had stay.ed in and the swelling had gone down. I gave re fresh food and water and cleaned up the little bit of a mess she left in the tub. It kind of looked like diarrhea but I couldn't be sure. Well i got home from work and her bottom was caked in diarrhea so i cleaned her up again but now the extent of her bruising is apparent. I slathered it with neosporan ( which is what the only chicken vet near me told me to do, and by near me i mean 3 hours away!) I want to make sure i can do everything possible to help her!

Feed her high-protein treats liked boiled egg and meal worms to help her regrow damaged tissue.

Other than that, keep her in a warm, dim, quiet place and let her recover. :)

MrsB

What can i do for the diarrhea though.....it seems to just be draining out of her bottom none stop....and i cant imagine that it will help the healing process... is there a type of medication i can try to give her or something i can feed her to help bind her back up? What could be causing the diarrhea? Sorry about all the questions im just worried about my girl!

Can you post a picture of her poop? Is it white and yellow?

Many things can cause diarrhea... Is it possible to take a fecal sample to your local vet for a float to determine the presence of parasites, if any?

MrsB

She has white poop that is almost constantly draining from her bottom, when she actually "goes" it is a kind of clear liquid with what looks like white strings in it and dark green "blobs" in it...i will try and get a picture of it when i get home.

The white strings sound like worms to me.I'm sure you'll get a lot of replies to what to do,but I would certainly deworm. Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom