What other ducks can successfully mate with a welsh harlequin?

nayeli

Songster
6 Years
Jan 18, 2014
I heard that if you breed the wrong type of ducks together that you will get a mule duck or a sterile duck. I'm wondering what other duck can successfully breed with a male welsh harlequin drake.

Anyone have any idea?

Could you list some names, I'm not very familiar with ducks. I have just seen them around the ponds =)

Mallard, call duck, ayelsbury, pekin, kahki campbell, cayuga, indian runner, balinese crested, hybrid layers, swedish blue, silver appelyard, buff orpington, ancona, magpie. Thgeirs tons more as well. What breeds have you seen

Mallard, Khaki-White-Dark Campbell, Rouen, Runner, Magpie, Ancona, Swede, Pekin, Dutch Hookbill, (Australian Spotted, Call and East India are small but probably can), Crested, Buff, Saxony, Appleyard, Welsh H of course, mixed, Cayuga, Cascade. That is all the ducks I can think of. Like she said every mallard derived duck except Muscovy.

Mallard, Khaki-White-Dark Campbell, Rouen, Runner, Magpie, Ancona, Swede, Pekin, Dutch Hookbill, (Australian Spotted, Call and East India are small but probably can), Crested, Buff, Saxony, Appleyard, Welsh H of course, mixed, Cayuga, Cascade. That is all the ducks I can think of. Like she said every mallard derived duck except Muscovy.
he actually. but yes youre right

Thank you. I will have to see what options there are in my area. What are the best meat ducks?

ayelsbury, pekin. muscovys are great meat ducks especially if you ross them with pekins or ayelsburys however the offspring will be infertile. You can also get pekin based hybrids which are good meat ducks

Back
Top Bottom