what predator ( I suspect raccoon)

priszilla

Songster
12 Years
Jan 12, 2008
easley sc
I had 2 young birds out in a guinea pig cage on the ground .One had a leg problem and the other had earlier had been ill and had been a bit stunted so I kept these two together for company. I had moved them to the fromt yard inside the chainlink fence for safety since my mom's dog is visiting and I was concerned whe would mess with them. This morning the cage door was open and I found a few feathers and blood, door was open. It happened in the dark of the night. I plan to set our live trap tonight- what do you suggest for bait? First time we have had a problem like this- want to get rid of it QUICK.

I've read that slightly cooked bacon (to enhance the aroma) will lure racoons. It sound like you've got either a racoon or an escaped carnival monkey hanging around. Keep the trap set for a few days.

Quote:
Ok my brain must really be tired from studying for finals, because when I saw "Marshmellows!!!", I thought you were suggesting that a puffy little white candy had been the predator of those chicks!

trap is set-wth tuna-in the same spot the critter ate chicks.It is inside our chainlink fence so I'm not worried about catching a dog.Thanks-now if we catch a monkey.......

Back
Top Bottom