What Rabbits Do You Have? Show Off Your Rabbits Here!

Coolest Rabbit Breed Out Of These?

• Holland Lop

Votes: 108 21.3%
  • English Spot

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • American Fuzzy Lop

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • Mini Rex/Rex

Votes: 107 21.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 94 18.6%
  • Polish

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • English Lop

Votes: 33 6.5%
  • Mini Satins/Satins

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • Lionhead

Votes: 112 22.1%

• Total voters
Our tricky buck got out and we have been trying to catch him for 3 days.  (technically, 3 evenings)  I have been putting food and water in his cage.  When we notice him in there, we try to hurry and close the door but he is quicker than we are.  Have tried to get the dog to tire him out but the dog gave up.  We look like a bunch of wackos calling this rabbit and expecting him to come to us then chasing him around the yard and trying to block him off.  We've come so close a couple of times.  We are terrible rabbit catchers.  I give him a lot of credit.  Now I feel like he's just mocking us :bun  I have resorted to threatening him with no breeding this weekend if he doesn't stay in his cage.  Still no luck…..  

When I couldn't catch my rabbit I used a short portable flexible fence. I would open it to slowly move it until the rabbit was corralled in it. Then I stepped inside it and picked up the bunny. Maybe could make one out of chicken wire. It worked 100% of the time. If you can't picture it, let me know and I'll try to explain better. Never had to run or freak out the bunny.

How
Our latest litter of NDs, by our deceased buck 'Fern', and out of our junior doe, 'Bubblegum'. I can't decide if I was more excited or disappointed to see the VM in the nest (our goal is to breed for the show table, though we aren't quite there yet. All but one of ours have gone to pet homes so far) XD Black Otter buck. The chilled one of the litter :p And the Vienna Mark Self Black Doe. Such a curious lil thing, just about made photos impossible! And an excellent first time mum, Bubblegum. She doesn't look to flash in the pic, all our rabbits are malting at the moment :rolleyes:
How big are they when they are born?

Well after warming him up with another kit in a towel, I've finally returned him back to the nest with the others seeing as how he is breathing more normally now and seems to keeping his body temp up. He no longer feels cold and lifeless. I've tried every hour to put him back on the doe's belly and he's getting more and more eager to nurse so hopefully he's getting some milk. Keeping my fingers crossed he makes it. This is him (the one on the bottom, eyes closed) earlier today after I found him and warmed him up/dried him off with the blow dryer
I used a syringe. I feed him kitten milk from any pet store and added whole cream, about a tablespoon to a small can of milk. You slowly feed through the side of their mouth where there is a gap, no teeth. Very slowly allowing swallowing. Sit the bunny upright, don't lie them down like a human baby. I had to raise one from about 5 days and another from 2 weeks. Both are very healthy grown bunnies now.
Their bellies should look like frog bellies. If not, you will need to supplement. Feed every 12 hours. If you have any questions I am happy to answer. Good luck.

My last litter of NZR I got a tort. She is SO cute and as it turns out is the fastest growing in the lower of 7. I think I'll have to keep her. ;-) we've named her Hobbs.

My mini lop looks soo different then yours! I'm thinking she's a cross bred.

Mine? I missed the cashmere bit oops so that could be part of it. I'm also in Australia and I know our chickens are often bred for slightly different standards than yours so our bunnies might be too. The lady I bought him from had originally bought for showing but then had to get rid of all her bunnies.

Back
Top Bottom