What security cameras do you guys have in your coop?

demonic

Songster
Apr 12, 2021
New York
What is a good security camera with a reasonable price you guys have or seen for your coop? Recently I thought it was a good idea to install security cameras in my coop, one inside the coop and one outside showcasing their run, so I can check up on them through the cameras and also see their behaviors. However, most security cameras I’ve seen require wifi. I live in a normal private house with a normal size backyard, but my coop is in the edge of my backyard and the router is all the way inside on the top floor so WiFi would be terrible there by the coop. Do you guys have any suggestions on good outdoor chicken cameras?

Now that's a good question. When I've started everything related to farms, I didn't even have something to monitor them. The years have passed and I've realized that an upgrade was needed. So, I've bought my first security camera from Walmart, which was really cheap. Of course that it broke down after a month. Then, I was thinking about getting a wireless one after reading an article called Wired vs wireless Home security, thinking that it would be better. This one was more expensive, but it was totally worth it. Ever since that, I have had no issues

Try using a wifi 'extender' (be sure to use an extender that is compatible with your cameras, router and DVR / NVR).
I currently use a Netgear Orbi extender which is NOT compatible with the newer "mesh network" systems but works with my Comcast router just fine. It reaches all the way out to my barn, about 400 feet from the house. Only connects via wifi, no Ethernet plug-ins, which is an issue with my Swann DVR (it looses wifi connection at least once a day).

Back
Top Bottom