What sex/breed is this?

Sagenovese

Songster
8 Years
Mar 25, 2016
This is a 9 week old chick from Meyer Hatchery purchased as a Meyer Meal Maker.
My best guess is that it is a White Rock. Any thoughts? It does have yellow legs.
I am also wondering if it is a boy or a girl.
Would love to hear what you think.
Thanks!
MeyerMealMaker9weeksold2.JPG
IMG_1951.JPG

Have some more pix that I just took. I have 5 babies of the same age. I don't think Meyers Hatchery sells white Cornish so... White Rock?
What has me a little confused is that this chick seems in between in development the others that I believe to be male and female. I have 2 black australorp of the same age and one looking very male and other looking female. I also have Swedish Flower Hen from same all female order and this one looks male (and SFH folks have told me male for certain based on color.) I will try to include a few pix where some of these other chicks of same age are included. The Cream Legbar is actually a week older than the others but I know she is a girl as it is autosex breed.

Attachments

• MMMRoo3.JPG
    MMMRoo3.JPG
    225.9 KB · Views: 11
  • MMMRoo4.JPG
    MMMRoo4.JPG
    227.6 KB · Views: 10
  • MMMRoo4a.JPG
    MMMRoo4a.JPG
    230.9 KB · Views: 10
  • MMMRoo5.JPG
    MMMRoo5.JPG
    228.2 KB · Views: 11
  • MMMRoo6.JPG
    MMMRoo6.JPG
    224.5 KB · Views: 10
  • MMMRoo7.JPG
    MMMRoo7.JPG
    230 KB · Views: 11
  • MMMRoo8.JPG
    MMMRoo8.JPG
    268.6 KB · Views: 10
  • MMMRoo9.JPG
    MMMRoo9.JPG
    218.8 KB · Views: 10
Forgot to say.... white one is same size as the other babies her age...
2 black australorp, 1 swedish flower hen, 1 cream legbar are all 9 weeks (actually CL is 5 days older... lonely hatched egg so I ordered the others for my broody to raise a full brood and keep CL company.

Thanks for your reply. I think you are right. But this one is definitely middle of the road. There are two I am really sure are boys (all were supposed to be girls... they usually do such an excellent job sexing... I am a little surprised this time since I ordered all Female. It was August though, so maybe their regular chicken sexers were on vacation. I think in one pic you can see much larger comb/wattle on SFH. The male BA is also very obvious to me. The white one just seems somewhere in the middle.
Her e are ones I am sure are male for comparison.

Attachments

• SFHRoo.JPG
    SFHRoo.JPG
    457.4 KB · Views: 9
  • BlackAustralorpRoo.JPG
    BlackAustralorpRoo.JPG
    331.7 KB · Views: 10

Back
Top Bottom