what should i do

adorable

Songster
12 Years
Aug 7, 2007
near ottawa ontario
I have a nice small flock of a variety in my birds... There is some young and some a bit older.. I need more eggs .. so i bought 6 ready to lay of a guy... I put them in with my flock at night.. Every one got along fine..I notice that one or more of his were sneezing.. there is nothing else that i can see .. just sneezing.. .. I knew that was going to go through my flock... Now my question is.. Most of them are sneezing here and there and i can hear the odd gurgle going on in one of my rooster.. I dont want to use any antibiotics as i sell my eggs... So i was thinking that i would have to cull everyone and start over .. or can i get more birds from the same guy as i have it going through my flock anyways .. and be resistance to it ... or what would you do.

I don't know what I would do for the sneezing thing, but I wouldn't buy more chickens from him again. You could give them some stuff to give them a little boost. Maybe some Apple Cider Vinegar or Vitamins and Electrolytes in their water?
Wish I could help more <3 Best of luck with your chickies
hugs.gif

NEVER,EVER bring in new birds without quarantining them. Now unfortunately you have something that may decimate your entire flock and survivors may be carriers for life.

Look up information for Mycoplasma Gallisepticum,see if symptoms match.

NEVER,EVER bring in new birds without quarantining them. Now unfortunately you have something that may decimate your entire flock and survivors may be carriers for life.

Look up information for Mycoplasma Gallisepticum,see if symptoms match.

X2. Keeping new birds separate for at least 1 month under observation for any sickness or disease is important.

then how do i cure it? I am in canada.. I dont have the stuff and you guys...and beside they become carriers.. I dont want to pass that on to other pullet that i want to get.

I looked up Mycoplasma Gallisepticum.. they dont have that at all.. They are just sneezing and i can hear the odd girgling in a chest .. eyes are clear and eating good and doing good in the cold.. .. nose are fine.. Just sneezing and the odd chest girgling going on

Back
Top Bottom