what should i do

I looked up Mycoplasma Gallisepticum.. they dont have that at all.. They are just sneezing and i can hear the odd girgling in a chest .. eyes are clear and eating good and doing good in the cold.. .. nose are fine.. Just sneezing and the odd chest girgling going on

Which is why it could be bacterial and not viral. I would flock treat the water for 1 week with either L-S 50 soluble powder (lincomycin-spectinomycin) or Tylan soluble powder. Make sure the medicated water the only source of water for 7 days, mixing a fresh solution each day. Follow up with vitamin-electrolyte and probiotic dispersible powder in the waterers for 3 days after that. Make sure there is adequate ventilation in the coop to prevent humidity.

my barn doors are open all day.. If it was bacterial.. My other birds wouldnt of caught it .. Right?

Like people, not all birds have the same resistance to disease as others. A stressed bird is more open to infection. When I mention ventilation, I mean it is important to have air circulate in the coop, but avoid drafts upon the birds at night while roosting. Dusty or humid environments with bad air quality can also perpetuate respiratory problems.

I got that.. This is going off topic.. I took 6 other birds in .. My birds are fine at that time.. I notice his was sneezing..,. because mine started a weeks later.. not all ,,just some.. It has to be a virus.. .. and if i help to cure.. they become carriers.. i do replace my birds now and then.. So i dont want my new birds to get it.. So isnt it best to cull and start over.. I dont really want to medicate as i sell eggs ... so i guess trying to go organic as possible.

I got that.. This is going off topic.. I took 6 other birds in .. My birds are fine at that time.. I notice his was sneezing..,. because mine started a weeks later.. not all ,,just some.. It has to be a virus.. .. and if i help to cure.. they become carriers.. i do replace my birds now and then.. So i dont want my new birds to get it.. So isnt it best to cull and start over.. I dont really want to medicate as i sell eggs ... so i guess trying to go organic as possible.
Not off topic at all. You are grasping at straws in regard to what the problem is after I told you how to treat the problem. If you want to know specifically what is ailing the birds, a lab analysis is needed to be sure. It seems you want to conveniently cull birds instead of remedying the problem. Hopefully you've realized what you shouldn't do. There's nothing more I can discuss.

I too would give them Tylan Soluble Powder. It should make them better. It does have an Egg Withdrawal Time tho. Or try putting Grapefruit Seed Extract in the Water, if the Illness is mild it might help and it's natural with no Withdrawal Time. Or the Apple Cider Vinegar surely can't hurt and it would be natural. I hope they get well soon :)

Last edited:
I am going to try to look to see if i can get this stuff here or something close to it.. I dont want to just cull my birds.. You are getting the wrong idea.. I am very concerned on the carriers...that was my main point

Back
Top Bottom