What suprise!

luckycluk

Songster
9 Years
May 31, 2014
Salisbury/Faith
:he :eek:I had been watching for my pullets of about 5 months to start laying. I was leaving for Fla to be with my baby sister that is passing away and was hoping to have some eggs to bring to family. I kept asking my grandaughter(14yrs old) did you check the laying boxes she kept saying “no eggs” I have a prefab tiny coop in the run with a little laying boxes on the end, I had told her to make sure to check there. Well I get to fla and my hubby called me and said ,”guess what I found in the chicken coop? My heart skipped a beat thinking predator. He said “71 eggs in the little coop” I of course said “what the heck”
They checked each one with the sink or float test and all were ok. 🤦‍♀️ I had a few stern words for my grandaughter.
I also have a question about the color of the eggs my pullets are supposed to be EEr’s a lot of the eggs look green or brown , im going by the pics my hubby has sent me. Can I get y’all’s feedback on what you think? I appreciate your opinions.

Attachments

• C40AD363-DCAB-492A-9C36-2DFAEB524A96.jpeg
    C40AD363-DCAB-492A-9C36-2DFAEB524A96.jpeg
    530.9 KB · Views: 5
:he :eek:I had been watching for my pullets of about 5 months to start laying. I was leaving for Fla to be with my baby sister that is passing away and was hoping to have some eggs to bring to family. I kept asking my grandaughter(14yrs old) did you check the laying boxes she kept saying “no eggs” I have a prefab tiny coop in the run with a little laying boxes on the end, I had told her to make sure to check there. Well I get to fla and my hubby called me and said ,”guess what I found in the chicken coop? My heart skipped a beat thinking predator. He said “71 eggs in the little coop” I of course said “what the heck”
They checked each one with the sink or float test and all were ok. 🤦‍♀️ I had a few stern words for my grandaughter.
I also have a question about the color of the eggs my pullets are supposed to be EEr’s a lot of the eggs look green or brown , im going by the pics my hubby has sent me. Can I get y’all’s feedback on what you think? I appreciate your opinions.
I would like to clarify I have a big chicken coop with the three laying boxes and also the tiny prefab coop with one laying box, the tiny laying box is where the eggs were in.
Also with having the green looking eggs I was wondering , could I have olive egger’s instead of all EEr’s.
Please forgive me for sounding loopy. I’ve not been getting much sleep caring for my sister.

Holy cow! 71 eggs!🥚 How many pullets do you have? I have five 6-months old Buff Plymouth Rocks who have been laying for about six weeks and we've gotten 176 eggs just in 30 days. Depending on how many girls you have, they could have been laying for quite some time. 😯

So sorry about your baby sister. I'm praying for peace and comfort for you and your family. 🌼🏵️

Holy cow! 71 eggs!🥚 How many pullets do you have? I have five 6-months old Buff Plymouth Rocks who have been laying for about six weeks and we've gotten 176 eggs just in 30 days. Depending on how many girls you have, they could have been laying for quite some time. 😯

So sorry about your baby sister. I'm praying for peace and comfort for you and your family. 🌼🏵️
Thank you so much.
I have 13 pullets. They are lays pretty good my husband said but he is not to up on chickens n not as observant as I am.
I noticed that their combs were all turning red about two weeks before I left that is why I kept asking my grandaughter if she had checked good. I was busy making arrangements to leave. My husband was supervising my grandaughter making sure of the care of her chickens was being done correctly since I was not helping her.
I am suprised some of the eggs look olive green color. The pick i posted was just one flat she took of pic n sent to me. That’s why I was wondering if I have some olive eggers 🤷🏼‍♀️

My understanding is EE's have at least one parent who lays blue. If the other parent lays brown you can easily get a green egg. Meaning that an Olive Egger is just and EE that lays olive colored eggs. But this is all still very confusing to me. Lol

I have three pullets that look identical (came from same hatchery and same age) and are supposed to all be "colored egg layers". One lays olive, one a lighter/mint green, and one a cream/tan egg.

D769D2EC-0BF9-40D0-A67D-1EFA792288E0.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom