What temps do Japanese Quail like?

Quailgenes

Chirping
Jun 25, 2015
Indiana, US
Can I get a list for eggs, babies and adults? Eggs and babies need to be keep hot like around 100 degrees. How about adults? I was wondering because the room I want to keep them in gets very hot maybe 90 degrees around here right now and cold in the winter(not sure on the temp). We block off the vent to the room because it is not in used but we can undo it. Any idea on keeping the temp regular when I get the quail? I figure I could only try for babies in the summer and not need a heater or would i still have a problem with them over heating and having no where to run?

Last edited:
Quail like the temperature at around 70-75 F, or so I've heard. I don't personally keep quail.
I'm not sure how high temperatures they can, stand though I think they can take to the 80s.

I hear they have trouble with temperature swings, going from cold to hot or hot to cold rapidly.

I hope this helps. Best of luck!

We need to know what kind of quail. We don't all raise the same. So Buttons or Bobwhite I'd have no idea.

I keep my quail without any bulb.My country Bangladesh is not so cold.At this time,weather condition is 79'F. :)

My coturnix are outside year round. It can get -15 degrees Fahrenheit in the winter and 100 degrees Fahrenheit in the summer. I put lights on them in the winter and they lay through winter, at least half of them depending on the temp. A couple even laid eggs in the -15 F temps. Only about half of them lay when it was in the mid 90's last week. They get no heat source in the winter but have a box with straw they go into to get out of the weather. I also put a tarp over the pen to block most of the wind in the winter.

Back
Top Bottom