What the heck is this?

oldhen2345

Crowing
8 Years
Jun 22, 2015
East Texas
I bought a day old chick last fall (2021). She is an Astra White- white with a few black dots and lays cream color eggs. She is supposed to be a crossbreed from a black astralorp and white leghorn. She started molting after a long broody period. This doesn't look like a black astrlorp or white leghorn. The feathers are coming in grey. What the heck is this girl? Love her to death, just curious as to what i actually have. I know her comb looks bad, but have started her on a higher protein feed. Any ideas?? The pics are what she looked like earlier this year and what she looks like now.

Attachments

• IMG_2523 (2).JPG
    IMG_2523 (2).JPG
    377.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2149 (2).JPG
    IMG_2149 (2).JPG
    540.3 KB · Views: 5
I bought a day old chick last fall (2021). She is an Astra White- white with a few black dots and lays cream color eggs. She is supposed to be a crossbreed from a black astralorp and white leghorn. She started molting after a long broody period. This doesn't look like a black astrlorp or white leghorn. The feathers are coming in grey. What the heck is this girl? Love her to death, just curious as to what i actually have. I know her comb looks bad, but have started her on a higher protein feed. Any ideas?? The pics are what she looked like earlier this year and what she looks like now.
I have no idea what's going on here. Very strange. Following to see if anyone else has any ideas.

Back
Top Bottom