What the heck is this?

milo2145

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jan 29, 2010
huntsville texas
I bought some ameraucana's the other day, and a silkie and a cochin, which you can see in the pic - but I have no idea about the little bantam that hitched a ride home in the box with them.
He/she is very cute, anyone have any ideas?
Also can ameraucana chicks be white - one of them - in the second pic - has no markings at all.

47965_the_football_rugby_game_034.jpg

47965_the_football_rugby_game_035.jpg

Very cute Easter egger chicks, the one your asking about looks like a golden Lakenvelder roo.
Were did you get them?

Ameraucanas can be white, however, you OTHER colors in there are what Ameraucanas cannot be. . . . Plus, you cannot order real Ameraucanas from hatcheries or feedstores, and real Ameraucanas don't have green legs.
wink.png

Those are Easter Eggers, and the white one with the black stripe on the head and feathers is a boy, sorry.

I got them from a woman of craigslist - she said she had ameraucana's so I went and got them, and I am pretty ignorant of breeds so I believed her - She had what she called a mixture of other breeds, and she wasn't sure what a lot of them were, but they are all pure bred - so I said stick a random one in there with the others, so she did - she said she thought it was a bantam, but now I don't know whether even that is correct - I also think the black striped head one is a roo, which is fine, I am a little concerned that they are ALL roos though seeing as they all have a bit of a tail on them - be just my luck, although for $2 a liece I can't complain I guess.

I doubt she was misleading you about the breed. Chances are she bought them from a hatchery or feedstore as Ameraucanas and sold them as such. She was probably just as ignorant as most everyone else. If you're wanting colored eggs, which is what most of us want when we buy "Ameraucanas", looks like you did well.

Back
Top Bottom