What to do with all these peaches!?

You could give a copy of this recipe & a box of peaches away.... kind of like a 'canning kit'
smile.png

Peach Jam

2 quarts peeled & crushed peaches
1/2 cup water
6 cups sugar

Combine peaches & water in a large sauce pot. Cook gently 10 minutes. Add sugar. Bring slowly to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Cook rapidly until thick, about 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Pour hot into hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch head space. Adjust caps. Process 15 minutes in boiling water bath.

Yield: about 4 Pints.

Thanks everyone for your recipe ideas. Mmmm these are some sweet peaches!

I especially like the gift and recipe idea. I love allrecipes.com!

Hubby made brunch today and used garden fresh tomatoes, potatoes and sliced fresh peaches. Can't wait until the eggs on the plate are fresh from the girls!

brunch.jpg

IME, you don't need to use citric acid, mine didn't turn brown. Also, I froze mine on a cookie sheet and once frozen--then--put them in a freezer bag. this way they are indiviually frozen and easier to take out to use in fruit smoothies etc.

Excellent point from Miss The North regarding individual freezing on the cookie sheets. I do that with raspberries. I don't usually have enough freezer room for doing that with loads of peaches. But it is a great idea.

I also don't use citric acid and mine don't turn brown either. I think the quick cook of the outside thanks to the boiling water might help with that? Not sure...

Boy, am I glad I found this thread!! I was wondering what/how to preserve all the peaches from our tree! Our tree is hanging to the ground also! Walnut trees, apple trees and acorns are in abundance this year...........does that mean bad winter coming????
I am going to make some of these wonderful recipes! Thanks to everyone!
hugs.gif

Quote:
Well I did mention we are living in an old farm house WHILE rehabbing it didn't I? I got ALOT of problems I could share. Like washing dishes in a bucket in the tub for a month. Showering with cold water only. Huge gaping holes in the floor while the house is being jacked up. Oh and a snake in the bedroom. Just the first month, mind you. Now let's talk peaches!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom