What to do with extra eggs??

I have about 10 dozen on hand also. With covid underfoot I stopped giving my extra eggs away and usually just scramble up a couple of dozen for our 6 dogs or a couple dozen to feed back to the chickens.

For the chickens you don't even have to remove the shells just crush them up as you stir them.

Nothing goes to waste around here.
Same here, all family members (us, cats, dogs, chickens) enjoy super quality eggs from time to time.

We only share some with one lovely neighbor who always helps us and my father-in-law.

After having hens, we also eat much less meat, eggs are so wonderful and many ways to prepare them.

Yes, most of them aren't refrigerated (mainly because there is absolutely no space in the fridge). I was thinking or making things that use a heap of eggs, not just one or two. Thinking quiches, or something like that
There's a egg dish I used to make. 12 eggs, 1 large pack of shredded cheddar cheese, 1 can condensed milk. Mix, bake at 350 for about 45 minutes. I'm not sure if it 45 minutes, but before I bake it I add jalapeno peppers to the top.
Absolutely delicious!

There's a egg dish I used to make. 12 eggs, 1 large pack of shredded cheddar cheese, 1 can condensed milk. Mix, bake at 350 for about 45 minutes. I'm not sure if it 45 minutes, but before I bake it I add jalapeno peppers to the top.
Absolutely delicious!
That sounds awesome!!

Today is again the scrambled-egg day for the chickens - as usual, I mixed fermented feed (below) with scrambled eggs, kitchen scraps, plain yorgurt and some sesame.
1165.jpg

1168.jpg

Back
Top Bottom