what to do with leftovers ? (with pic's)

MamaChic21

Songster
9 Years
Dec 2, 2010
Jackson, NJ
I've build 8x8 portable chicken run and chicken coop last month along with 32x38 run. I have left over 2 of 4x8 plywood along with lot of 2x4's, 4x4's, 2x3's. And other left over plywoods. I already built them broody and nursery coop, so what else can I built them with my leftovers ? Any suggestions and/or ideas will be greatly appriciated. Thank you all in advance.
Portable 8x8 run and coop
73058_dsc03503.jpg

32x38 run
73058_dsc03260.jpg

nursery coop (got it as a kit)
73058_dsc03184.jpg

Broody coop
73058_dsc03018.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Chicken math has hit me like a ton of brick
wink.png
I started with 2 silkies and 5 ducks, then 2 ducks died but now I got 8 ducks and 16 hens, 4 roosters. Breeding pens, I don't know too much about that. Do you leave 1 rooster in with a hen ? How long do they have to stay in the breeding pen ?

Last edited:
What about an isolation area for ill chickens? Have a secure area to store your feed? Bird houses for regular birds?

Quote:
Great idea too, but I was thinking of putting them in the nursery or broody coop if anything happens (if they get sick) God forbit.

Wow
thumbsup.gif
NICE!!!

I'm thinkin you need to head on over here to CO and make me the same exact thing but about 4x bigger. Let me know what you need and I'll have it waiting here for you.
big_smile.png

Very nice job! How about a lil porch or a couple of steps between your cute flower boxes? That would finish it off, but probably wouldn't use much of your leftovers. If you have a convenient place to store the wood, it might make sense to due to Chicken Math.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom