What to do?

So we are still at it. We are now feeding her live meal worms and organic wet cat food. She eats - literally two days ago she ate 40 live worms and the entire container of cat food. Her feathers are growing back in...did I mention this all started in the spring when she molted and never recovered? It makes her look better but I kind of wish her body wasn't spending all that energy on feathers. She hasn't yet gained any weight, she is 2.62 lbs, when she should be 6, but she does look better. Her comb as just a blush of pink when before it was yellow. Today she freaked me out, when I went to feed her she ate lying down for awhile? Nathan she got up and ate like a normal human being...I mean, chicken.

Anyways, other than making sure she eats I don't know what else to do for her :-(.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Here she is eating her dinner tonight.

If she has worms they will suck the life out of her; literally eating all of the food that you give her will go to them. Have you taken the advice given and wormed her?

Okay, I didn't realize that fenbendazole is a wormer. She looks like she's just wasting away. I've had older birds with the pale comb and face, and standing with the same posture. Does her abdomen feel normal?

You can continue with the special food, and give her something acidic in her water such as ACV to lower her body PH. That will help her fight any disease trying to take hold. The extra protein you give her will help her body to make the antibodies to fight off disease also. It seems that you're doing for her what she needs. She may have organ damage or disease, such as an enlarged liver, that's why I asked if her abdomen felt normal.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom