What to expect?

Chickenrandomness

12 Years
Sep 13, 2009
Stanley, North Dakota
Ordered first time from a hatchery, MPC to be specific, and i have no idea what to expect. I mean, I've heard MPC is a good hatchery and all, but i don't really know and stuff.
I have 6 chicks being shipped out August 27th. A GLP, Black Sumatra, Welsummer, and 3 packing peanuts we had to order (Minimum was 6, but the neighborhood only allows 3, so we're giving the others away to a relative who already has some chickens.) All pullets by the way.

So how long do you guys suppose it'll take to ship them? And what do I do when i go pick them up? Should i bring something like water? It gets mighty hot here in Louisiana.

I appreciate the help!

Congrats ! I got day old chicks mailed to me this spring and all arrived in great condition. Ask the Hatchery to have your phone number on the box with instructions to P.O. to call you. You should also talk to your P.O. &/or mail carrier and let them know - you will be expecting the order and want to be called to pick them up as soon as they reach your P.O. Day old chicks need it 95 degs so heat shouldn't be too bad on them. Make sure you open the box at the P.O. with a postal clerk there to witness and take a camera - just incase you need to report any ill/dead chicks to the hatchery. Hopefully all will be fine and you won't have any losses to report to hatchery. I know it will be tempting when you are driving home with your new chicks to use AC but, chicks need it warm! Good Luck
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom